
I'm not entirely sure what I'm trying to do by writing this blog. At least part of it's creation stems from the fact that I rather enjoy writing. I spend most of my free time reading other people's blogs so I figured whilst I'm waiting for them to update theirs I could be writing mine.
The first problem was finding a name for the bloody thing. I want to make this kind of about baseball and perhaps cricket (as I'm finding some pretty interesting links between the statistical sides of the two sports) and other things that I think kind of belong here. "You could look it up" is obviously a rather famous Casey Stengel quote which set me off whooping with joy the first time I saw Bull Durham, BUT when I tried to have http://youcouldlookitup.blogspot.com as my URL I came across a rather disturbing new usage of the New York baseball maverick's famous words. Undeterred I tried for http://bennyprofane.blogspot.com which produced a rather more pleasing result but it seems that particular project never really got off the ground. (I know Benny Profane has little to do with what I'm writing about, aside from being my favourite Thomas Pynchon character). So, anyway, I'm sure we can all agree that the insertion of a little "-" can be a wonderful thing.
I feel it only appropriate that I finish this first post with a little fact: Geoffrey Boycott was the first man to be dismissed in a one day international cricket match.
No comments:
Post a Comment